Pharmacy and Prescription Policy and Online Medications
Woodbridge Animal Hospital has a complete and comprehensive pharmacy with the supervision of your primary Veterinarian to oversee all drugs dispensed.
The Veterinarian can evaluate any drug interactions and ensure that proper therapeutic doses and blood levels for meds used are attained and monitored. Woodbridge Animal Hospital offers all major veterinary medications, including pain management, flea and tick control, and heartworm prevention.
We strongly request that clients utilize their pet's own hospital pharmacy for all their prescription needs. You will be required to sign a waiver which states "I acknowledge and understand the risks involved in using/purchasing any prescriptions online or out of state. Note that the drug manufacturers will not honor any guarantee for their medications if the pet were to fall ill or suffer any reactions."
Online Pharmacy Medications
Due to the concessions and adjustments made by the manufacturers and distributors of Veterinary medicines, we are now in a position to better compete with prices offered by online pharmacies.
Long-term care medications such as heartworm preventatives, flea and tick control, non steroidal anti-inflamatories, and PPL etc.. can now be purchased here at Woodbridge Animal Hospital at prices only seen at online pharmacies in the past.
Benefits of purchasing these products at Woodbridge Animal Hospital:
- Manufacturers guarantee and support medicines prescribed and sold through Veterinary Clinics, but not through online pharmacies.
- Your knowledge of the origins and proper dating of all medications and products.
- Complete description of medications accompanied by pertinent literature regarding possible side effects, etc.
- One stop shopping and convenience with local refills. Options to have medications shipped to your door for a nominal charge.
- The reassurance of being able to discuss medication concerns with hospital technician or onsite pharmacy technician as well as with your doctor.
We hope that these improvements will allow us to continue to serve you and your cherished pets, maintaining their highest level of health with 24 hour, 365 day a year service, which is our mission at Woodbridge Animal Hospital.
Click the link below for an article by the FDA about purchasing online.