Prescription Food and Medicine
Designed for Pet Health: Prescription Pet Food, Pet Medicine and Specialized Veterinary Medicine
Here at Woodbridge Animal Hospital, your pet’s complete health and wellness is our goal. So we have a team of top-notch veterinarians, including ones who deal with specialized conditions and behavioral problems. We also carry a wide selection of prescription pet food lines specifically designed to support pets with special health concerns. Our fully-stocked in-house pharmacy is available 24/7 for any urgent or routine pet medicine needs.
Fully-Stocked, 24/7, FDA-Approved Pet Medicine Pharmacy for Pain Management
We carry every pet medicine from flea, tick and heartworm preventatives to antibiotics and pain management drugs, as well as pet medicines for managing chronic conditions and pet surgery. Our pricing is also very competitive; although many people think buying pet medicine from online pharmacies is cheaper and quicker, that practice carries a significant amount of risk to your pet’s health because there is no guarantee that you are getting the correct, high-quality, FDA-approved drugs your pet needs. When purchasing your prescriptions from Woodbridge Animal hospital, however, you can be assured that:
- Drug manufacturers guarantee and support medicines sold through Woodbridge Animal Hospital (but they don’t guarantee drugs sold through online pharmacies)
- You know where the drugs came from and that they are properly dated for safety and efficacy
- You receive all of the pertinent literature about the reason for the pet medicine and its possible side effects
- You can discuss any concerns you have directly with our Woodbridge veterinarians and pharmacy staff
- You can enjoy the convenience of one-stop-shopping for all of your pet medicines, and have them delivered directly to your door for a nominal fee
- You can automatically refill prescriptions by calling us at 703-897-5665
Prescription Pet Food & Nutritional Support
Hippocrates’ saying “Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food” is just as true for animals as it is for humans. If, after examining your pet, your veterinarian thinks prescription pet food would improve your pet’s health, your pet will receive a prescription to one of the following lines of pet diets, specifically tailored to your pet’s nutritional needs:
- Hills/Science Diet
- Royal Canin/Waltham
- Eukanuba (limited and under special circumstances)
Important Information about Our Prescription Pet Foods:
- These prescription pet foods are not available at grocery or specialty stores; they require a prescription from one of our veterinarians. Prescriptions must be renewed through an annual exam with your pet’s veterinarian.
- All prescription pet food orders require pre-payment when you place the order, and we can accept payment either in person or over the phone.
- Please allow 3-5 days for delivery after you place your order (keep an eye on how much prescription pet food your pet has left so you don’t run out)! Keep in mind that we can’t receive deliveries on holidays, so call to check the schedule and plan to order in advance if necessary!
Once your order arrives in our office, we will call you so you can pick it up.
Woodbridge Animal Hospital: Access to Specialized Care, Behavioral Medicine and Pain Management
In addition to a full line of prescription pet food and pet medicines, we strive to make other pet health resources available to our patients as well:
Veterinary Medicine Specialists - We can help your pet with any area of internal medicine: neurology, cardiology, ophthalmology, dermatology, gastroenterology, orthopedics, oncology, endocrinology and more.
Behavioral Medicine for Pets - Pets have personalities and feelings too, so we have veterinarians who are trained to help with separation anxiety, aggression, obsessive behavior, resource guarding and other behavioral issues. We also have a list of good pet training resources here: http://www.allaboutdogsinc.com.
Pain Management - Animals feel pain just like humans do, and we are absolutely committed to alleviating your pet’s pain.